Federal Stafford Loans Made Fast and Easy
Federal Stafford loans are the best, first choice for students looking for money to pay for school. Stafford loans have low, fixed interest rates and you don't have to make any payments until after graduation. Stafford loans do not require a credit check or a cosigner.
There are two kinds of Federal Stafford loans:
The Subsidized Stafford – The government pays the interest that accrues while you are enrolled in school at least half-time. You are eligible for this type of loan based on your financial need and FAFSA results.
The Unsubsidized Stafford – You are responsible for paying all the interest that accrues, although you will not have to begin payments until after you graduate or enroll in school less than half-time. You are eligible for this type of loan regardless of financial need.
Benefits & Terms
3.86% fixed rate (subsidized)
3.86% fixed rate (unsubsidized)
- No payments until 6 months after graduation or enrollment in school less than half-time
- 10 to 25 year repayment period
- No credit check or cosigner required
- Interest is tax-deductible
- U.S. citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible non-resident
- Enrolled at a school that participates in the Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP)
- Not in default or delinquent on existing federal loans
- Completed and filed your FAFSA
How to Apply
- Determine the amount you need to borrow
- Have your Social Security number, driver's license, 2 references, and FAFSA PIN ready
- Click the Get Started button and follow the instructions to complete your request