Am I eligible for a Stafford Loan?
Stafford Loan Benefits
- Fixed interest rate - as low as 3.86%
- No payments while in school at least half-time
- You are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non citizen.
- You are enrolled at least half-time in a degree seeking program (based on your school's definition of full and half-time status).
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress at your school in order to be eligible for Stafford loans.
- You do not currently have any Federal loans that are in default.
Stafford Loan Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for a Stafford Loan?
- How do I apply for a Stafford Loan?
- Are there Stafford Loan deadlines?
- What's the difference between unsubsidized and subsidized loans?
- When do I receive the Stafford Loan funds?
- What are the Stafford Loan interest rates?
- How much can I borrow under a Stafford Loan?
- What is EFC and how is it calculated?
- What can I use a Stafford Loan for?
- Are there specific schools that accept Stafford Loans?
- Do I have to apply for a Stafford Loan every academic year?
- Can I receive a Stafford Loan if I have bad credit/declared bankruptcy/have late payments on credit cards?
- Will I pay any fees for a Stafford Loan?
- What are the repayment options for a Stafford Loan?
- What are the penalties for early payment or if the loan is paid in full before scheduled (deferred) payments begin?