Are there Stafford Loan deadlines?
- Fixed interest rate - as low as 4.66%
- No payments while in school at least half-time
There is no single deadline to apply for the Stafford loan each school year. Each school typically sets their own deadline for applying for financial aid, including Stafford loans, for an upcoming semester.
In order to receive financial aid in a timely manner, it's best to submit your FAFSA well before June 30th for the Fall semester.
For more information about financial aid deadlines, you should contact the financial aid office at your school.
Stafford Loan Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for a Stafford Loan?
- How do I apply for a Stafford Loan?
- Are there Stafford Loan deadlines?
- What's the difference between unsubsidized and subsidized loans?
- When do I receive the Stafford Loan funds?
- What are the Stafford Loan interest rates?
- How much can I borrow under a Stafford Loan?
- What is EFC and how is it calculated?
- What can I use a Stafford Loan for?
- Are there specific schools that accept Stafford Loans?
- Do I have to apply for a Stafford Loan every academic year?
- Can I receive a Stafford Loan if I have bad credit/declared bankruptcy/have late payments on credit cards?
- Will I pay any fees for a Stafford Loan?
- What are the repayment options for a Stafford Loan?
- What are the penalties for early payment or if the loan is paid in full before scheduled (deferred) payments begin?