What are the Stafford Loan interest rates?
- Fixed interest rate - as low as 4.66%
- No payments while in school at least half-time
The interest rates for the current academic year are as follows:
- 4.66% for undergraduate subsidized loans
- 4.66% for undergraduate unsubsidized loans
- 6.21% for graduate Stafford loans
Interest rates for all new Stafford Loans are fixed and can be deferred while you are in school. You may choose to pay the interest every month or you can defer it until you graduate. If you choose to defer your interest it will be capitalized and added to your loan balance.
Stafford Loan Interest Rates
|Academic Year||Subsidized Rates||Unsubsidized Rates||Graduate Rates|
Current Stafford Loan interest rates in effect from 07/01/2013 to 06/30/2014
*These rates have been updated to reflect the new student loan interest rate legislation that went into effect on August 9, 2013. Stay up-to-date on interest rate changes and Stafford loan news at StudentLoanNetwork.com.
Stafford Loan Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for a Stafford Loan?
- How do I apply for a Stafford Loan?
- Are there Stafford Loan deadlines?
- What's the difference between unsubsidized and subsidized loans?
- When do I receive the Stafford Loan funds?
- What are the Stafford Loan interest rates?
- How much can I borrow under a Stafford Loan?
- What is EFC and how is it calculated?
- What can I use a Stafford Loan for?
- Are there specific schools that accept Stafford Loans?
- Do I have to apply for a Stafford Loan every academic year?
- Can I receive a Stafford Loan if I have bad credit/declared bankruptcy/have late payments on credit cards?
- Will I pay any fees for a Stafford Loan?
- What are the repayment options for a Stafford Loan?
- What are the penalties for early payment or if the loan is paid in full before scheduled (deferred) payments begin?